Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Recap of Memorial Day...

I forgot to talk about Monday! We went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art in the morning. I don't really like the art museum, but whatever. Thankfully we didn't have a worksheet. I spent most of my time in the medieval display because the knight stuff fascinates me. Then I found this little study center and read The Pied Piper of Hamlin and watched a video on how they erected a Flemish Crucifix in the museum.

After lunch, we went to the Constitution Center. That was pretty cool, but a bit of information overload. I could see myself bringing a class there because it had such great information. I would probably divide up the information so that different groups would concentrate on different aspects of American history and then we'd all share after we got back to our class. They had posters all throughout the displays with questions and sticky notes for people to write their opinions and post it on the boards. One question was "Should same-sex marriage be allowed?" The majority of the answers were "YES!" and primarily for 2 reasons: 1) It's a free country and 2) Do whatever makes you happy. Horrible! Some of us wrote huge NO!!!!!!!!! sticky notes. One person actually wrote "Yes. Jesus would have done the same if he weren't celibate." I was sickened and ripped the sticky note off and crumpled it. I don't care if the author saw me. There was no way that one was staying up for the public to see.

After the Constitution Center we went to the Rivera's for a cook-out. We had a lot of fun hanging out and sharing... and eating. I am glad our school is so small because we all knew each other before coming in to Urban Seminar. It really helps when you're already friends or at least acquaintances.

No comments:

Post a Comment